April 28, 2019
Mission: To provide people with disabilities the opportunity to lead fulfilling lives and to train and work in a supportive, safe and caring environment while producing and providing products and services to the community. In this pursuit we honor the concepts of human dignity, respect, hardwork, fellowship and friendship.
<> We'll meet at We Grow Dreams at 1:00 pm. Work an hour or two or three--whatever you are comfortable with. All help is appreciated. BTW--We will not be alone--other supporters of the We Grow Dreams organization will be there.
<>Recommended attire: Something you don't mind getting dirty or being speckled with paint. Dress for the weather because some tasks may be outdoors.
<>Essential attire: Working gloves -- while some tasks may not need these, there are many that will and with dirt, wood, nails, etc.
• Touch up painting on front checkout register area
• Clean retail checkout area (I know it’s futile but nonetheless….)
• Clean awnings in crafts area and rehang
• Fix/paint outdoor “Gift Shop” sign
• Clean up of outside garden along fence in parking lot
• Clean up of outside front retail area –rearranging/displaying etc.
• Set up of pots, etc for sale
• Create some idea boards for throughout retail